Sunday, September 4, 2011

Albuquerque

Oh god, that was surprisingly good. BACON CHEESEBURGER! Nom.

Yeah, I got off at Albuquerque to grab a bite, stretch my legs and get some warmth back in the ol’ body. These train air-conditioners are criminally cold.

After the nomz, I wandered around the train as it was being refueled and inspected to get some pictures. I met the nice New Zealander who I had dinner with last night and we had a short chat about train discomfort and the value of these long stops.


Whoa.

That was odd. As I was writing the bit above, someone tapped me on the shoulder. I looked up expecting a fellow traveler but got a paunch and a badge.

Apparently the Albuquerque Police Department wants to know about my trip as much as I want to talk about it.

Oh well, can’t be too careful around bearded, turbaned tourists traveling alone, can we?

3 comments:

  1. wow.. you alright? what did they ask you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm fine. They didn't arserape me, you know - just questions. Where are you going, where did you get on, can I see some ID and so on.

    ReplyDelete