Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I Come Bearing Images

Nothing to report folks. After a night of wandering aimlessly up and down the train and NOT sleeping, I managed to get about four hours when my body insisted that my brain go f**k itself.

I have, however, got a whole mess of pictures that are uploading as I type this, so that might make up for the shit non-update that this post otherwise is.


Leaving LA


Barstow, CA


Middle of nowhere, somewhere between CA and Albuquerque


Freight


Funky cloud formation over the mountains


Radio (?) mast of epic proportions


Diesel power


Proof that all golfers are batshit insane - this was close enough to Albuquerque but still...


HARD ROCK


Albuquerque Station


Fueling up at Albuquerque - the stop was long enough to grab a burger and get a bunch of snacks from the station.


Far from the longest train I've ever seen or even been on


I kept thinking 'Dukes of Hazzard' when I saw this


Mountains, stormclouds, the usual.


Parked up at Albuquerque (can you tell these shots are NOT in chronological order?)


RAINBOW! Somewhere between Albuquerque and Kansas City.


Elevated vestibule between carriages


It was huge and awesome and full of pretty things. I think.


Ok, ok, they're not THAT fascinating. I just happened to have been excited at the time.


Sunset somewhere in New Mexico?


I like this picture.


This could have been much nicer if I wasn't shooting through grimy train windows. Oh well.


Dusk on the train.


I have plenty of time before we hit New York, and I'm not sleepy. I'm going to try and get more pictures up if AT&T's rubbish 3G co-operates.

1 comment: