Monday, September 5, 2011

Chicago

I wanted to edit pictures and maybe write another entry between Kansas City and Chicago. Instead, I sacked out.

Typical.

However, we're in Chicago now and the three and a half hours lost have been made up. The really funny bit is that the train to New York is late anyway.

So, with 3 hours to spare, I wandered the streets of Chicago, always within a block of Union Station. I tried to get some pictures but it was windy and freezing so I don't know if my shaking hands did a good job or a completely lousy one.
 

From the little of the city that I did see, I definitely want to return and spend some time here. It's a bit like San Francisco in that it feels weird and crowded and old (older than LA anyway). There's a sense of history about the place, along with an air of aimlessness. It's strange and I want more. Perhaps Thanksgiving break next year.

I'm back on the train now but we're stationary at Chicago, two hours late from our scheduled time of departure. I'm not sure what the hold up is, but I'm content to sit back, listen to music and read Sarah's Key.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah. Chicago is beautiful. One of the better places away from the coast.

    ReplyDelete