Monday, September 5, 2011

Kansas City(ish) And a Cock Up

Well that was an interesting morning.

I was woken by an announcement over the train's PA system (isn't that always fun). The guy speaking sounded patronizing and smug, which made what he was saying seem twice as annoying.

We're three and a half hours behind schedule and I'm almost guaranteed to miss my train from Chicago to New York. A combination of slow running, frequent stops to let freight traffic through and a section of broken fucking track (yes, welcome to the first world, folks!) conspired to bring to us lousy news and a 6am wake up call.

Do I care? Frankly, not in the slightest. I will admit to being a little surprised at the... tardiness displayed but I suppose three years in this country have numbed me somewhat to things like sheer ineptitude.

On to better things. I had a glorious breakfast of bacon, scrambled eggs and croissant (thank you, Amy) and met a wonderful couple. The husband's a fellow photographer and Flickr-ite! We spoke at length over the meal and after, and he's a fantastically cool guy.

The next stop is Kansas City in a few minutes and I hope to get some shots there - the station is supposed to be one of those beautiful old buildings.

Until next time, au revoir.

2 comments:

  1. Apparently, your 'fellow Flickr-ite' doesn't remember you that well.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ishansaluja/5947096026/

    ReplyDelete