Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sleep

Wow. I was out for a solid 9 hours. I only woke up because I had a terrifying dream about going bald. We’re somewhere between Grants and Albuquerque, New Mexico. Albuquerque is, apparently, the first ‘major’ stop on this trip and the train will hang around there for about half an hour. I’m kind of looking forward to stretching my legs and getting something to eat there. I slept through breakfast and the lunch options today do not sound appealing – macaroni and cheese, I don’t care whether you call it ‘spicy’ or not, is not a meal, it is a snack for little children when they get back from swimming or sticking their heads down toilets or whatever it is that little children do with their time.

New Mexico is like a wide, rolling plain. You’ll see the odd tree, but I get the impression that most of the vegetation around here got up to about 4 feet off the ground, sighed, and gave up. The rocks then looked at the shrubs, said “You lazy bastards!” and proceeded to jut twenty feet up from everything. Also, everything is yellow and we’ve got dark, cloudy skies overhead, so looking out the window is fantastic.

We’ll get to Albuquerque in an hour or so, I’ll have something more interesting after that, I think.

2 comments:

  1. 1) Haha; bald Angad
    2) For someone whose apartment was always stocked with Easy Mac; you certainly dislike Mac and Cheese enough

    ReplyDelete
  2. We bought a carton of mac and cheese ONCE and when it ran out, we never bothered to restock. For junk-y snacks, I'm more of a hot pockets guy anyway.

    ReplyDelete